Friday, March 8, 2013

Flower headband

I was in the process of making something (pattern to come), when I realized that what I had could be turned into something for my daughter.
I LOVE this headband.  They way I have the pattern written, the headband is not adjustable, though it has an ok amount of stretch to it.  Come to think of it, it could be made adjustable.  (instructions to come)
This headband size is child 3-10.  It fits well on my almost 4 year old and stretches to fit my 9 year old.  (he wasn't to happy when I placed it on his head  lol)
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet flower headband pattern
Cutie!
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

Flower Headband
What you will need:
I hook
Worsted weight yarn
Scissors
Yarn needle

Headband child 3-10
Ch 4, sl-st in first ch to form a ring. 
Round 1:  Ch 1, 10 sc into ring.  Join with a sl-st into first sc.
Round 2:  Ch 3, skip next sc, sl-st into next sc, *ch 2, skip next sc, sl-st into next sc*  Repeat around for 5 ch sp’s 
Round 3:  *sc, hdc, 2 dc, hdc, sc* in each ch sp around to form 5 petals.  Sl-st between the first and last petal to finish first flower.
Round 4:  Ch 10, sl-st into same sp, ch 5 and sl-st into ch 10 loop.
Round 5: Ch 2, 10 sc into 2nd ch from hook.  Join with a sl-st int first sc.
Repeat rounds 2-5 until you have 7 flowers made.
Do not fasten off
To join the last flower to the first:
Ch 10, sl-st into sp between first and last petal, ch 5, sl-st into ch 10 loop, sl-st into space between two petals of first flower made. 
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Swirls and Sprinkles: free crochet flower headband pattern
What your join between flowers will look like

1 comment:

  1. The headband is supercute, and the model too!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete